MADI format converter & signal splitter
The SPLIT.CONVERTER is a combined MADI format converter and signal splitter. It allows both conversion of optical MADI signals into coaxial signals, and vice versa, without any delay. Using the straightforward input selector, each MADI output port can be fed by any input port. All ports are independent from each other, allowing the SPLIT.CONVERTER to route and convert up to four asynchronous MADI streams simultaneously.
The signal routing is bit-transparent and operates without any delays. All common sample rates (up to 192 kHz) and MADI formats (48k/96k Frame, 56/64 channels) are supported, and will pass through unchanged. It is therefore also possible to convert and route proprietary data formats.
The SPLIT.CONVERTER offers the highest standard of reliability, being equipped with two phase redundant power supplies; two power inlets and switches are located on the rear panel.
- Switching converter units between control rooms
- Redundancy splitting/switching (manually) during recording or live sound applications
- Splitting signals for live events (FOH, monitoring, recording)
- MADI ports (Input/Output): 2 x SC-Socket multi-mode / 2 x coaxial BNC, 75 Ω
- Power supplies: 2 X 84 V to 264 V AC / 47 Hz to 63 Hz / safety class 1, phase redundant
- Dimensions: Width 19'' (483 mm), Height 1RU (45 mm), Depth 10'' (245 mm)
- Weight: About 6.6 lb (3 kg)
SLG Broadcast integrates Lawo equipment and audio- and video-over-IP infrastructure in new broadcasting center. read more
Lawo’s JADE is a powerful software tool for PC-based audio and broadcast production, read more
Loudness metering now integrated. read more